Selecting an agent to represent you is an important task. Be sure you know all the facts! Here is a list of questions to help you make an informed choice!!
- Are you a full time real estate agent?
- How many years of experience do you have in this marketplace?
- What area do you specialize in?
- Would you provide me with a list of homes you have sold in the last year?
- Do you have a personal real estate web site?
- Do you consistently attend Okotoks REALTOR® open house tours to ensure you are knowledgeable about all homes for sale?
- Do your clients recommend you to their family and friends?
- Do your clients choose to do repeat business with you?
- Will you provide references from previous clients?
- Do you have someone you trust to look after your clients when you are away?
- Does your company have a national referral network?
QUESTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR SELLERS:
- Do you advertise locally?
- Do you have a local office to display listings and photos?
- Do you consistently provide feedback to vendors on showings?
- Do you offer a personal services guarantee on your listings?
- Does your office use teamwork to assist in getting listings sold?
- What is your list price to sale price ratio?
- What percentage of your listings sell?
- How many listings do you have right now?
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF:
- Does this agent make me feel comfortable and confident, not anxious or pressured?
- Does this agent return calls promptly and answer questions readily?
- Does this agent demonstrate a solid knowledge of the Okotoks marketplace?
- Did a friend recommend this agent to me?
- Have I noticed this realtor’s signs or advertising?
- Do I trust this agent to give me honest guidance and advice?